Independent Oil & Gas Service, Inc.
Scouting Oilfield Activity in Kansas since 1946
The Independent Oil & Gas Service, Inc.
is a major, proven source of reliable
information when it comes to reporting on the latest oil and gas
news in Kansas. Your access to timely, reliable, concise information
is a key component in your decision making process. Our commitment
is to provide you with the most up-to-date industry reports, news
and statistics at a reasonable price. Improve your odds of success
with “data you can trust”. Register today as a “New
” to start a no obligation 30-day trial.
IOGsi WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS: May 6, 2021
- A total of 19 new oil and gas Drilling Permits were issued in Kansas this past week by the Kansas Corporation Commission (KCC). This brings the year-to-date total of new drill locations issued to 284, compared to 179 locations during this same period a year ago (+ 59%).
- Coffeyville Resources (CVR) reported Kansas crude prices rose by $2.00 / bbl from a week ago (+ 4%). Posted price on May 6th was Kansas Common crude at $56.00 / bbl, Southcentral Kansas crude $57.75 / bbl and Eastern Kansas crude $53.25 / bbl.
- Spot market crude oil (Nymex) was down slightly by 0.6% from last week to $64.70 / bbl (WTI). Spot market natural gas price rose slightly by 0.7% to $2.93 / MMbtu. Henry Hub pricing point for natural gas futures contracts traded on the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) and trades on Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) was up from last week from $2.73 to $2.96 / MMBtu (+ 8%).
- The total number of active drilling rigs in Kansas (moving to or currently on drill sites) was down by two units this week to 22 (- 8%). A month ago, 18 drilling rigs were reported as active (+ 18%). This same time a year ago, only 10 rotary rigs were active in the State (+120%). Overall, drilling activity based on the number of wells spud in the state is down about 9% from last year.
- Statewide this year, 206 wells have been spudded to this year. Total footage drilled (TFD) is estimated to be 631,027 ft, compared to 771,576 ft a year ago (- 18%). Of the TFD, an estimated 511,261 ft has been drilled in the Western ranges of the State, compared to 666,659 ft over the same period in 2020 (- 23%). In the Eastern ranges of the State, approximately 119,766 ft of hole has been drilled this year, compared to 104,917 ft a year ago (+ 14%).
For more news, see “WEEKLY NEWS” under the Red Top News banner: Mid-Continent Energy Exchange (MCEE) has added a new item on their BIDex online auction site for Marble Falls producing royalties in Young County, Texas, no reserve. --------- Anchor Bay Petroleum LLC has discovered new oil reserves in Ellis County. ---------- Petroleum Development Company reports new oil discovery in Kearny County. ---------- Desk & Derrick Club of Wichita is hosting its 19th Annual Clay Shoot on Friday, May 21st, in Augusta, KS. ---------- It’s not too late to sign up for the 2021 J. Fred Hambright Memorial 57th Annual Golf Tournament & Bingo to be held in Wichita on June 7th. The event is sponsored by WAPL.